Saturday, July 23, 2011

Trip Safety & Traveler's Insurance

One of my lowest experiences during Edinburgh when I had my room broken into. I was sitting in the kitchen, or “teacher’s lounge” as we liked to call it, pretty late at night on my computer. When I returned to my room, I discovered I was locked out. After about an hour of dealing with Pollock halls security, I got into my room. I noticed my window was open and that some one had broken in. We determined that the person who broke in must have entered through my unlocked door, and exited through the window. I hadn’t realized anything was gone at first, but after noticing a few drawers we open, I checked for my cell phone, glasses, ipod, and camera, and they were all missing. I felt really upset and stupid for leaving my door unlooked, even though I was just 5 feet away from the door. I wondered why I hadn’t purchased traveler’s insurance and why I was never advised to do so. One of the biggest pieces of advice I have for students traveling abroad is to always protect yourself and your belongings because they might turn up missing. I am thankful nothing more important was stolen, such as as my laptop and passport, and that I was not hurt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment