Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Edinburgh International Festival

If I could return to Edinburgh, I would most certainly go to the internationally renowned festival in Edinburgh's city center. All of the locals told me that it was a must see next time I come. Basically the whole city shuts down for 3 weeks and has loads of comedy, culture, art, music, theater, dance, opera, and talks and workshops. Before I left Edinburgh I saw the festival transforming the city. A big stadium was assembled next to the Edinburgh Castle, and the University was under construction for implementing art exhibits into its buildings. The festival this year, 2011, explores the vibrant and diverse cultures of Asia focusing on regions like, China, India, Japan, Korea, Taiwan, and Vietnam. I can't wait to go back to Edinburgh in the future and explore the city that I fell in love with. 


No comments:

Post a Comment