Saturday, July 23, 2011

Isle of Mull

After the four hour long train ride, and a few games of Euchre later, we arrived In Oban. The first thing that Kelly, Kevin, and I wanted to do was go to Isle of Mull. We bought our ferry tickets and we hopped on the boat. I was stunned at how huge the ferry was and how many levels it had inside. It included a full restaurant, an arcade, a bar, two coffee lounges, and a huge upper deck. I got some amazing pictures while riding on the ferry, the views were like nothing I had ever seen before. The ride was one of my favorite parts about visiting Oban and the Isle of Mull. When we got to the island after the 45 minute ride, we were accompanied by a series of set backs. Kelly, Kevin, and I leisurely strolled into the visitors centre, only to find out that we needed to hop on the bus right off the ferry to take us to one of the Castles there. Then the burden set in of not having enough money to even rent a bike on the island. I finally asked the attractions representative if we could do anything on the island that would not cost any money. She shoved a trail map in front of me and pointed us the direction to the nearest trail head. The three of us walked, talked, laughed, and goofed around on our 6 mile journey. We got some nice pictures of landscapes as well as a few slugs hanging out on the trail. After we finished our hike, we headed back to the ferry port only to find out that a semi tractor trailer was stuck in the bay. To pass the time waiting for the truck to get “un-stuck”, we got a few drinks and hung out on the docks. Isle of Mull and the ferry ride were my favorite part of the trip to Oban. 

No comments:

Post a Comment