Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Portobello Beach

I was extra interested in visiting Portobello Beach because of my personal history there. My Great-grandmother on my dad's side grew up around the Firth of Fourth in Portobello Beach. I didn't have a specific address of where she lived but it was a really cool feeling to see where she grew up. 

Other attractions in Portobello are the promenade along the beach, similar to a boardwalk. The houses along this area are really cute and most are bed and breakfasts. However, the attraction to this area of town has declined over the years, and the once booming arcade and attractions aren't used as much as they used to. 

One of the three remaining Turkish Bath houses lies in Portobello. I didn't get the opportunity to go to the bath house but I heard from fellow students that it was a must see and very relaxing. There are three healing pools that you jump into, and sounds like a lot of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment